Published 12:19 on 13 Mar 2023
Enid has taken on the role of 'Catering Lead' and this article provides an update from her.
I see my remit as :-
- Keeping an over-view of the kitchen (i.e. cleanliness, safe practises & stock management).
- Providing the catering for some events, in co-operation with the event organisers. To this end, I hope to build a team that I can call on to help me (depending on their availability). Unfortunately, I cannot do evenings, so the Wednesday & Friday evening events may not be covered any offers?
- Food safety is paramount so, to this end, there will be NO Access to the kitchen during organised events, when food & drinks are being prepared or served (other than the adult kitchen helpers).
- Within the kitchen, any towels or kitchen cloths to be washed will be put in a small laundry basket. These will be laundered and returned to the club.
- For safety reasons, there should not be more than 3 adults in the kitchen while food & drinks are being served.
Finally, there are quite a few commercial snacks available for sale. These will be on view at the hatch and prices displayed.
If I can get some help, I would like to serve tea, coffee & soup every Sunday. Not sure how this will go, as numbers do vary quite a lot. Again, any offers?
If you'd like to get in touch with Enid you can find her contact details in the March newsletter.
Last updated 14:47 on 13 November 2023